|LAND CLASSIFICATION||A1||1,135.76 acres|
|Private Land||1.74 "|
|Total area||2,914.64 acres|
|ROADS||Bitumen road||21.9 km|
|Cement Concrete road||13.6 km|
|Total Length||35.5 KM|
|WATER SUPPLY||Open wells||7|
|Bore wells with pump||6|
|Palar water supply||5 lakh lit./ per day at PVM|
|Metro water supply||12 lakh lit./ per day at STM|
|STREET LIGHT||CFL Lights||1487|
|Centrifugal and Monoblock||9|
|Trees on road side||401|
(Dispensaries and Maternity Hospital )
|ST. Thomas Mount||10 Bedded|
|CONSERVANCY||Drains (length)||36.5 Kms|
|Dust Bins||10 loads of Garbage|
|Lorries and Tippers||5 Lorries garbage
1 l water tanker lorry
It maintains the land record details of the Cantonment area and executes the following works.
1. Laying of new/maintenance of roads
2. Construction and repair of drains
3. Construction of new buildings (Original works)
4. Tender process for the above work
5. Sanctioning of building plans and monitoring strict adherence to FSI To prevent unauthorised construction.
6. Maintenance of Cantonment properties like office building, schools, shops and Kalyanamandapam. BUILDING PLANS Application form - Available on all working days on payment of Rs.50/- (from 10 AM to 4 PM) Submission of filled in Application - On all working days. Decision on application - within 30 days (Civil area - Sanctioned by CEO) For sanction of building plans - within 30 days (outside Civil area- Sanctioned by the Cantonment Board)
WATER SUPPLY COMPLAINTS
a. Attend to the complaints on water Flow from main line - within 1 hour to 24 hours
b. Leakage in main water pipe line
c. Complaint on contimination (or) Quality of water supplied
d. Complaint of failure from source Line or failure in the pumping station
e. Acute water shortage - water supplied through water Tankers.
f. Complaint on duration and frequency of supply - within 5 days.
1. Time of application form - on all working days
2. Acceptance of filled in application
3. Acknowledgement of application
4. Intimation to applicant in case of - within 15 days deficiency in application form
5. Intimation to applicant for depositing - within 90 days of receipt of deposits and charges application (Depends upon the availability of Water)
6. Time of sanction letter to provide - within a fortnight connection
It comprises of
1 Health Supdt., -1
2 Health Inspectors -2,
3. Sanitary Supervisors - 5 and 188 Safaiwalas (108 Civil Conservancy and 80 Military Conservancy), who are responsible for upkeep of sanitation in Cantonment area including Fort St.George situated outside Cantonment limit.
Their services rendered is as follows:-
1. Cleaning of roads and streets
2. Collection and removal of garbage from dustbins.
3. Clearing and desilting of drains.
4. Maintenance of public latrines
5. Clearing of bushes in public area
6. Maintenance of garden and traffic islands. Planting of saplings to improve greenery in the Cantonment.
7.Removal of dead animals.
8.Maintenance of cattle pound for preventing wandering of cows in streets.
9.Implementing Animal Birth Control for stray dogs in Cantt. area.
10.Spraying insecticides like anti-malaria/dengue etc.
11.Issue of trade licence for shops and establishment in Cantonment area and prevention of food adulteration.
12. Registration of Birth and Death in Cantonment area and issue of Birth/Death Certificate thereafter.
13. Removal of building materials kept without permission and demolition of unauthorised construction/erection of hut and construction of Building.
1. Collection/removal of garbage on - within 24 hours of complaint receipt of complaint of non-lifting
2. Cleaning of roads and streets - -do-
3. Clearing of drains on receipt of complaint -do-
4. Clearing of bushes in public area - within 24 hours of complaint
5. Removal of dead animals on - within 4 hours of complaint receipt of complaint
6. Impounding of cattle on streets -do-
7. Spraying insecticides - within 24 hours of complaint
8. Registration of Birth/Death - within 2 days of receipt of report
9. Issue of Birth/Death Certificate - within 3 days
10. Spraying insecticides like anti-malaria/ dengue etc. within 24 Hours
11. Issue of trade licence for shops and establishment in Cantonment area and prevention of food adulteration.
Birth/Death Certificate - Rs.10/- per copy .
Trade licence - Bettlenut shops - Minimum Rs./- Hotels - Maximum Rs.3000/-
HOSPITAL INFORMATION ON WEBSITES
There are Two Dispensaries cum Maternity Hospitals facilitated with 10 bedded in St.Thomas Mount and 20 bedded in Pallavaram. A Team of Doctors comprising of 3 lady Asst. Medical Officers.
Patients Visited during the year 2014-2015
No. of In-patients : 33 No’s of Deliveries
No. of Out patients : 32746 No’s of patients
Tuesday and Friday – For Pregnant Women -Antenatal Checkup
Wednesday – Immunization for Children under Five years
Polio, Triple Antigen Anti-measles and BCG Inpatient Maternity services
Inside Cantonment Labour charges - Rs.100/- Bed charges - Rs.10/- per day
Outside Cantonment Labour charges - Rs.200/- Bed charges - Rs.20/- per day
Maternity and Child OPD – 4.00 p.m. to6.00 p.m. at St.Thoma s Mount
Labour Charges – Rs.100/- Bed charges-Rs.10/-per day ( Cantonment Residents)
Labour charges – Rs.200/- Bed charges-Rs.20/- per day (Outside Cantonment Residents)
Every Inpatient is given Bread (400grams)- 1 loaf and Milk - 500ml per day, Dhoby Services and Medicines – Tablets, Injection & IV etc., - Free
MEDICAL LAB FACILITY
Upgraded laboratory Services with Semi- Auto Analyser and Cell Counter. Laboratory services can be availed Monday to Saturday.
Some of the test carried out are as follows :-
ULTRASOUND SCAN – Weekly once on Tuesday at St.Thomas Mount (3.00p.m to 5.00p.m)
Charges – Rs.150/- per scan.
RNTCP – DOTS – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
TANSACS – ICTC - Weekly once –Thursday at St.Thomas Mount and Friday at Pallavaram
FREE MEDICAL CAMP : Every month 4th Sunday at Cantonment School at St.Thomas Mount
OTHER AYUSH SERVICES
Siddha Clinic : Monday to Wednesday at St.Thomas Mount
Thursday to Saturday at Pallavaram
Ayurveda Clinic : Monday to Wednesday at Pallavaram
Thursday to Wednesday at St.Thomas Mount
There are two High Schools aided by the State Govt. and two Elementary Schools run by the Cantonment Board.
1. Cantonment Board High School St.
Thomas Mount - 170 students
Pallavaram - 1150 students
2. Cantonment Elementary School
St.Thomas Mount - 237 students
Pallavaram - 689 students
1.Who can apply - Children residing in and around Cantonment area. Age should be 5 years completed for class I and 10 years completed for class VI.
2.When to apply -Admission forms are issued during the month of May
3.How to apply - Filled in admission form along with Birth Certificate & TC. 4.Procedure for admission - Children fulfilling the required qualifications are called for interview.
5.Confirmation/rejection of the admission - Results are announced on the same day of interview.
SCHOOL FEE STRUCTURE - Annually I Std. To Vth Std. - Free education
SPECIAL FEES VIth to VIII Std. Tamil Medium - Rs.32/- -do- English medium - Rs.632/- IX th to Xth Std Tamil Medium - Rs.47/- -do- English medium - Rs.847/- (50% concession for SC/ST students)
SCHOOL FEE STRUCTURE - Annually I Std. To Xth Std. - Free education.
The Cantonment Board has Kalyanamandapam at Pallavaram on the GST road (NH 45), which was recently inaugurated by the Principal Director Defence Estates, Shri. Nautiyal I.D.E.S. at an area of 1 acre and plinth area of 16000 sqft with a sitting facility of 750 persons at Hall and 350 persons in Dining, 4 rooms for bride and bridegroom with A/C facility. It is fully furnished with chairs, tables, utensils, and a lawn with ample parking space.
|Pallavaram - One and Half Day||60000||15000||75000/-|
|Pallavaram - One Day||42000||15000||57000/-|
|Pallavaram - Half Day||22000||10000||32000/-|
(50% concession on rent for Cantt. Board employees and pensioners) Deposit charges - It includes cost of water, electricity,cleaning and washing of vessels etc.)
Its primary duty is to demand and collect taxes like Property Tax
(House tax 10%, water tax-3.5%, lighting - 5%, Scavenging - 6% and Education - 2%)
Profession tax, Advertisement tax, Entertainment tax, Tax on transfer of Immovable property and collecting rent from Cantonment properties. Quantum of sources
Property Tax - Rs.6 Crores (approx.)
Profession Tax - Rs.1.5 Crores(approx.)
Water charges - Rs.17 lakhs
No. of Assessment in Property tax St.Thomas Mount - 3210
Pallavaram - 1600
Minambakkam - 27
No. of water service connection St.Thomas Mount - 1615
SERVICES RENDERED & COMPLAINTS
1. New Assessment for levying Property tax - 45 Days
2. Name transfer and mutation of property -do-
3. Objection on revision of tax -do-
4. Discrepancy in payment of tax - within 2 days
5. Allotment of shops - Periodically done as per agreement
6. Renewal of licence period
For Cantt. Board Kalyanamandapam shops - within 2 months as per CBR
The following meetings are held regularly:-
1. Board Meeting
2. Finance and Public Works Committee Meeting
3. Standing Assessment Committee Meeting
4. Civil Area Committee Meeting