|LAND CLASSIFICATION||A1||1,135.76 acres|
|Private Land||1.74 "|
|Total area||2,914.64 acres|
|ROADS||Bitumen road||21.9 km|
|Cement Concrete road||13.6 km|
|Total Length||35.5 KM|
|WATER SUPPLY||Open wells||7|
|Bore wells with pump||6|
|Palar water supply||5 lakh lit./ per day at PVM|
|Metro water supply||12 lakh lit./ per day at STM|
|STREET LIGHT||LED Street Lights||750|
|CFL / MHL / SV Lamps||850|
|Centrifugal and Monoblock||9|
|Trees on road side||401|
(Dispensaries and Maternity Hospital )
|ST. Thomas Mount||10 Bedded|
|CONSERVANCY||Drains (length)||36.5 Kms|
|Dust Bins||10 loads of Garbage|
|Lorries and Tippers||5 Lorries garbage
1 l water tanker lorry
It maintains the land record details of the Cantonment area and executes the following works.
1. Laying of new/maintenance of roads
2. Construction and repair of drains and culverts
3. Construction of new buildings (Original works)
4. Tender process for the above work
5. Sanctioning of building plans and monitoring strict adherence to FSI To prevent unauthorised construction.
6. Maintenance of Cantonment properties like office building, schools, shops and Kalyanamandapam. BUILDING PLANS Applications i.e Form A & Form B - Available on all working days on payment of Rs.200/- (from 10 AM to 4 PM) Submission of filled in Application - On all working days. Decision on application - within 30 days (Civil area - Sanctioned by CEO) For sanction of building plans - within 30 days (outside Civil area- Sanctioned by the Cantonment Board)
7. Dealing all other miscellanous complaints regarding lands, etc.
WATER SUPPLY COMPLAINTS
a. Attend to the complaints on water Flow from main line - within 1 hour to 24 hours.
b. Leakage in main water pipe line.
c. Complaint on contamination (or) Quality of drinking water supplied.
d. Complaint of failure from source Line or failure in the pumping station.
e. Acute water shortage - water supplied through water Tankers.
f. Complaint on duration and frequency of supply - within 5 days.
g. Water supply complaint regarding individual house service / commercial connections.
1. Time of application form - on all working days
2. Acceptance of filled in application
3. Acknowledgement of application
4. Intimation to applicant in case of - within 15 days deficiency in application form
5. Intimation to applicant for depositing - within 90 days of receipt of deposits and charges application (Depends upon the availability of Water)
6. Time of sanction letter to provide - within a fortnight connection
It comprises of
1 Health Supdt., -1
2 Health Inspectors -3,
3. Sanitary Supervisors - 6 and 188 Safaiwalas (108 Civil Conservancy and 80 Military Conservancy), who are responsible for upkeep of sanitation in Cantonment area including Fort St.George situated outside Cantonment limit.
Their services rendered is as follows:-
1. Cleaning of roads and streets
2. Collection and removal of garbage from dustbins.
3. Clearing and desilting of drains.
4. Maintenance of public latrines
5. Clearing of bushes in public area
6. Maintenance of garden and traffic islands. Planting of saplings to improve greenery in the Cantonment.
7.Removal of dead animals.
8.Maintenance of cattle pound for preventing wandering of cows in streets.
9.Implementing Animal Birth Control for stray dogs in Cantt. area.
10.Spraying insecticides like anti-malaria/dengue etc.
11. Registration of Birth and Death in Cantonment area and issue of Birth/Death Certificate thereafter.
12. Removal of building materials kept without permission and demolition of unauthorised construction/erection of hut and construction of Building.
1. Collection/removal of garbage on - within 24 hours of complaint receipt of complaint of non-lifting
2. Cleaning of roads and streets - -do-
3. Clearing of drains on receipt of complaint -do-
4. Clearing of bushes in public area - within 24 hours of complaint
5. Removal of dead animals on - within 4 hours of complaint receipt of complaint
6. Impounding of cattle on streets -do-
7. Spraying insecticides - within 24 hours of complaint
8. Registration of Birth/Death - within 2 days of receipt of report
9. Issue of Birth/Death Certificate - within 3 days
10. Spraying insecticides like anti-malaria/ dengue etc. within 24 Hours
11. Issue of trade licence for shops and establishment in Cantonment area and prevention of food adulteration.
Birth/Death Certificate - Rs.10/- per copy .
Vermin compost - Rs. 10/- per kg.
There are Two Dispensaries cum Maternity Hospitals facilitated with 10 bedded in St.Thomas Mount and 20 bedded in Pallavaram. A Team of Doctors comprising of 3 lady Asst. Medical Officers.
In September 2014, Sidha & Ayurvedha Out-patient departments were started in both Cantonment Board Hospitals in St. Thomas Mount and Pallavaram. Both are doing very well and the No. of patients treated in these departments are increasing every month. The State Government schemes like Dr. Muthulakshmi Reddy Scheme for delivery mother is extended to all Cantonment Patients and State Government baby kits are given to all delivered mother.
Dental Clinic has been started in Cantonment Hospitals both as St. Thomas Mount and Pallavaram on Public Private Partnership(PPP) basic. The clinic is operational in both morning and evening, the CGHS rates are charged
No. of patients treated in 2016- 2017.
St. Thomas Mount
Tuesday and Friday – For Pregnant Women -Antenatal Checkup
Wednesday – Immunization for Children under Five years.
Senior citizen health cards are issued. Medicines are provided to senior citizens free of cost and 75% concession is being given to Senior citizens for laboratory investigations. Senior Citizens are benefitted through State Govt. pension for Senior citizens who fall under BPL category.
Janani Suraksh Yojna (JSY-Central Government Scheme) is being implemented in Cantonment area and 58 persons are benefited in this scheme.
Polio, Triple Antigen Anti-measles and BCG Inpatient Maternity services
Inside Cantonment Labour charges - Rs.100/- Bed charges - Rs.10/- per day
Outside Cantonment Labour charges - Rs.200/- Bed charges - Rs.20/- per day
Maternity and Child OPD – 4.00 p.m. to6.00 p.m. at St.Thoma s Mount
Labour Charges – Rs.100/- Bed charges-Rs.10/-per day ( Cantonment Residents)
Labour charges – Rs.200/- Bed charges-Rs.20/- per day (Outside Cantonment Residents)
Every Inpatient is given Bread (400grams)- 1 loaf and Milk - 500ml per day, Dhoby Services and Medicines – Tablets, Injection & IV etc., - Free
MEDICAL LAB FACILITY
Upgraded laboratory Services with Semi- Auto Analyser and Cell Counter. Laboratory services can be availed Monday to Saturday.
Some of the test carried out are as follows :-
ULTRASOUND SCAN – Weekly once on Tuesday at St.Thomas Mount (3.00p.m to 5.00p.m)
Charges – Rs.150/- per scan.
Ultrasound scan clinic has been functioning by engaging a part time Sonologist with portable machine.
RNTCP – DOTS – Monday, Wednesday, Friday
DOTS centre- 47 outsiders including 13 beneficiaries receiving RNTCP Drugs.
TANSACS – ICTC - Weekly once –Thursday at St.Thomas Mount and Friday at Pallavaram
FREE MEDICAL CAMP : Every month 4th Sunday at Cantonment School at St.Thomas Mount
HIV testing Facilities are available in the Cantonment Board dispensaries.
OTHER AYUSH SERVICES
Siddha Clinic : Monday to Wednesday at St.Thomas Mount
Thursday to Saturday at Pallavaram
Ayurveda Clinic : Monday to Wednesday at Pallavaram
Thursday to Wednesday at St.Thomas Mount
The Board maintains two Elementary School and two High Schools and two English Medium Montessori Schools. The High Schools are aided by State Govt. of Tamil Nadu by way of teaching grants.
1. Dr. MGR Cantonment High School ,St. Thomas Mount - 154 students
2. Arignar Anna Cantonment High School, Pallavaram - 1168 students
3. Kamarajar Cantonment Primary School, St.Thomas Mount - 60 students
4. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Cantonment Primary School, Pallavaram - 120 students
5. Gandhi Cantonment Montessori School, St.Thomas Mount - 201 students
6. Dr. B.R.Ambedkar Cantonment Montessori School, Pallavaram - 918 students
1.Who can apply - Children residing in and around Cantonment area. Age should be 5 years completed for class I and 10 years completed for class VI.
2.When to apply -Admission forms are issued during the month of May
3.How to apply - Filled in admission form along with Birth Certificate & TC. 4.Procedure for admission - Children fulfilling the required qualifications are called for interview.
5.Confirmation/rejection of the admission - Results are announced on the same day of interview.
SCHOOL FEE STRUCTURE - Annually I Std. To Vth Std. - Free education
SCHOOL FEE STRUCTURE - Annually I Std. To Xth Std - Free education.
Girls students from SC/ST communities are receiving cash award of Rs. 1000/- each in Class VI, Rs.1500/- each in class VII and Rs. 2000/- each in Class IX from the State Government. A total of 82 girls from SC/ST communities benefited during the year. All school Toppers of Class X were cash awarded with Rs. 5000 for 1st , Rs.3000/- for 2nd and Rs.2000 for 3rd rank holders.
Innovative Teaching methods in Schools
Modern Innovative teaching methods are also adopted in Cantonment Schols apart from the regular teaching method as follows:
Focus over Primary School Children
Special way of preaching moral deeds to primary school children, as it makes it easier for the kids to grasp things easily and is also designed to exhibit in modern ways.
Focus over Secondary School Children
Teaching method for Secondary School Children is designed to meet the essential needs of the children where boys and girls are addressed separately in discussing health aspects where students are made to attend separate workshops where they are explained about:
Installation of Bio Gas plant at Cantonment Schools
Bio-gas plant is installed in Pallavaram Cantonment Board High School. The food waste generated in the neighbouring areas of the school is used to produce methane gas that caters to the mid-day meal being cooked at the school.
The waste to energy initiative paves way for safe disposal of food waste and also provides clean energy.
The solid waste management practice in our Cantonment Board Primary and High school, It is a zero waste management initiative that helps Schools to identify and reduce the amount of waste they generate. As a measure of zero waste management, the trash that is actually sent to the land fills and rubbish are segregated into as follows:
1. Recycle Waste.
2. Compost Waste.
The Cantonment Board has Kalyanamandapam at Pallavaram on the GST road (NH 45), which was recently inaugurated by the Principal Director Defence Estates, Shri. Nautiyal I.D.E.S. at an area of 1 acre and plinth area of 16000 sqft with a sitting facility of 750 persons at Hall and 350 persons in Dining, 4 rooms for bride and bridegroom with A/C facility. It is fully furnished with chairs, tables, utensils, and a lawn with ample parking space.
|Pallavaram - One and Half Day||60000||15000||75000/-|
|Pallavaram - One Day||42000||15000||57000/-|
|Pallavaram - Half Day||22000||10000||32000/-|
(50% concession on rent for Cantt. Board employees and pensioners) Deposit charges - It includes cost of water, electricity,cleaning and washing of vessels etc.)
Its primary duty is to demand and collect taxes like Property Tax
(House tax 10%, water tax-3.5%, lighting - 5%, Scavenging - 6% and Education - 2%)
Profession tax, Advertisement tax, Entertainment tax, Tax on transfer of Immovable property and collecting rent from Cantonment properties. Quantum of sources
Property Tax - Rs.8.5 Crores (approx.)
Profession Tax - Rs.2.7 Crores(approx.)
Water charges - Rs.19 lakhs
No. of Assessment in Property tax St.Thomas Mount - 3420
Pallavaram - 1680
Minambakkam - 28
No. of water service connection St.Thomas Mount - 1918
Trade license is renewed every year. Trade license amount varies from a minimum of Rs.150 to maximum Rs.3000 per shop.
Trade license fees – Rs. 2,14,375
There are totally 400 shops in the Cantonment including beetlenut shops, provision Stores, Hotels, etc
Tendered weekly market at Pallavaram (Friday market) - Rs. 1,55,000 per week.
SERVICES RENDERED & OBJECTIONS
1. New Assessment for levying Property tax - 45 Days
2. Name transfer and mutation of property -do-
3. Objection on revision of tax -do-
4. Discrepancy in payment of tax - within 2 days
5. Allotment of shops - Periodically done as per agreement
6. Renewal of licence period
For Cantt. Board Kalyanamandapam shops - within 2 months as per CBR
The following meetings are held regularly:-
1. Board Meeting